36 injured in Iran quakeJanuary 20th, 2012 - 2:36 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, Jan 20 (IANS) At least 36 people were injured in a magnitude-5.6 earthquake that struck Iran Thursday, an official said.
Seyyed Reza Abbasi, an official in the northeastern province of Khorasan Razavi told Fars news agency that the injured were hospitalised in hospitals of Neyshabur city and they were not in serious condition.
He said there were no reports of casualties, Xinhua reported.
Due to the intensity of the earthquake, walls of some buildings cracked and window panes broke in Neyshabur and in surrounding villages, he said.
IRNA news agency said telecommunication systems, including cell phones, faced disruptions.
The quake jolted northeastern Iran at 4.05 p.m. The epicenter, with a depth of 10.4 km, was determined to be in Neyshabur region, 64 km to the west of Iran’s holy city of
Mashhad, said the US Geological Survey.
- Iran inaugurates biggest solar power plant - Jul 22, 2011
- Over 100 hurt in Iran quake - Jul 31, 2010
- Moderate 5.7-magnitude earthquake rocks northeastern Iran - Jul 30, 2010
- Iran earthquake toll rises to 306 dead, more than 3,000 injured - Aug 14, 2012
- 300 killed in twin quakes in Iran (Lead) - Aug 12, 2012
- 5.9-magnitude quake hits Fiji region - Mar 27, 2011
- Quake felt 70 km from Iranian nuclear plant - Feb 05, 2012
- 90 killed in Iran quake - Aug 12, 2012
- Strong earthquake shakes Papua New Guinea, no damage - Aug 20, 2012
- Damage reported after moderate earthquake rattles southern Iran - Jan 05, 2011
- Strong Earthquake Rattles Pakistan - Jan 19, 2011
- Strong earthquake strikes off Mexico's Pacific coast, no damage - May 02, 2012
- Strong earthquake rocks southeastern Iran, casualties unknown - Dec 21, 2010
- Strong earthquake strikes off Mexico's Pacific coast, no casualties - Apr 12, 2012
- Iran twin quake toll rises to 306 - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,