35 dead in China accidentOctober 7th, 2011 - 11:34 pm ICT by IANS
Tianjin (China), Oct 7 (IANS) At least 35 people were killed and 18 others injured in an expressway crash in north China’s port city of Tianjin Friday afternoon, police said.
The accident occurred at around 4 p.m. (local time) when a coach rolled over after colliding with a car at the Tianjin section of an expressway linking the city’s Binhai New Area with the city of Baoding in neighbouring Hebei Province, reported Xinhua.
Wang Qiang, an official with the city’s traffic management bureau, said the coach was speeding and many passengers were thrown out of the vehicle when it hit the car and rolled over, causing heavy casualities.
Wang said the injured had been rushed to local hospitals for treatment.
- North China expressway accident kills 35 - Oct 08, 2011
- Eight dead as 30 vehicles collide in China - Oct 23, 2011
- Minibus carrying preschoolers collides with truck in NW China, killing 20 - Nov 16, 2011
- Two killed, 21 hurt in China road accident - Dec 18, 2011
- 21 dead in China road accidents - Jan 12, 2011
- 21 vehicles collide in China - Feb 11, 2012
- At least 32 killed, 21 injured in expressway accident in China - May 23, 2010
- 50 dead in China rains (Second Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- 17 dead in China road accident - Aug 06, 2011
- 13 dead in China road accident - Apr 22, 2012
- Three vehicles collide in China, eight dead - Jun 05, 2011
- 27 dead in road accidents in China - Sep 04, 2010
- Bus plunges into ravine in southwest China, killing 15 - Mar 13, 2012
- 23 die in China accident - Apr 12, 2012
- Afghanistan: At least 53 killed after bus crashes head-on with tanker in Ghazni - Sep 17, 2012