34 militants killed in Pakistan (Lead)February 18th, 2012 - 1:25 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Feb 17 (IANS) Pakistani security forces killed some 34 militants Friday in the country’s northwest tribal areas along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border Friday, media reports said.
At least 17 militants were killed Friday night by the Pakistani security forces in the Tera Valley area of Khyber Agency which borders Afghanistan, Xinhua reported citing Urdu TV channel Dunya.
Meanwhile, at least three security personnel were killed and two injured when a remote-controlled bomb hit security forces’s vehicle in the same area Friday night.
Earlier Friday morning, Pakistani security forces, backed by helicopter gunships, launched an attack at two militants’ hideouts in Khyber Agency, killing five militants and wounding eight others.
During the operation, three Pakistani troops and three local pro-government peace militiamen were also killed.
Later, the Pakistani security forces launched another attack at four militants’ hideouts in Orakzai Agency which borders Khyber Agency to its southern side and killed at least 12 militants while injuring 10 others, bringing the total number of militants killed in the northwest tribal areas of Pakistan to 34.
- 33 militants killed in northwest Pakistan - Apr 29, 2011
- 3 militiamen, over 20 militants killed in Pakistan clashes - Aug 25, 2012
- Six government militiamen killed in Pakistan - Nov 16, 2011
- Five suspected militants killed in Pakistan - Jan 06, 2012
- 15 security personnel killed in militant attack on check post in northwest Pakistan - Apr 22, 2011
- 10 militants killed in Pakistan - Apr 27, 2010
- 20 militants killed in Pakistan - Nov 16, 2011
- 18 militants killed in army operation in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2012
- Police vehicle attacked in Pakistan - Dec 17, 2011
- 33 insurgents killed in northwest Pakistan - Apr 29, 2011
- 12 militants killed in Pakistan - Jan 28, 2012
- Three killed, 20 hurt in Pakistan bombing - Apr 29, 2012
- 50 militants killed in Pakistan - Apr 08, 2011
- Pakistan blast: 31 killed, Taliban claims responsibility - Sep 15, 2011
- Pakistan clashes kill 11 soldiers, 24 militants (Second Lead) - Dec 24, 2010
Tags: afghanistan, bomb, borders, friday morning, friday night, helicopter, hideouts, militants, militiamen, northwest, pakistan, pakistani troops, peace, security forces, security personnel, tera, tribal areas, tv channel, xinhua