34 militants killed in latest Pakistani Army operationJune 18th, 2009 - 7:24 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 18 (Xinhua) At least 34 Taliban militants were killed and seven others captured in an operation carried out by the Pakistani Army in North West Frontier Province (NWFP), the army said in a statement Thursday.
The army said five soldiers were also injured in the operation in Malakand Division of the NWFP in the past 24 hours to Thursday evening.
The operation against the militants is still continuing, the statement said.
In another development, the army has also distributed about 4,000 tonnes of rations among the displaced people in Malakand Division. The Pakistan military, NGOs and civilians have supplied the items for the displaced people.
At least 1,500 militants have been killed since the security forces launched its operation against the Taliban militants in April.
- Kayani asks troops to ensure minimum collateral damage with precision strikes - May 13, 2009
- Pakistani forces kill 22 Taliban: Military - Jun 17, 2009
- Pakistani forces retake Charbagh in northwest - Jun 03, 2009
- Number of displaced persons hits 3.4 million mark in Pak - May 30, 2009
- 28 militants, eight soldiers killed in Pakistan clashes (Lead) - Jun 19, 2011
- Eight militants killed in Pakistan - Nov 09, 2009
- Six militants killed in Pakistan - Jul 31, 2009
- 1,244 Taliban killed in military operations: Official (Lead) - Jun 02, 2009
- Pakistan Army kills 31 militants - Jun 15, 2009
- Three Taliban killed, 29 held in Afghanistan - Dec 01, 2011
- Pakistani forces kill 21 Taliban - Jun 02, 2009
- Trial of 3,000 militants begin Aug 1 in Pakistan - Jun 09, 2010
- 90 percent of Malakand division under army control - Aug 10, 2009
- Pakistani Army reviews anti-Taliban operations - Sep 03, 2009
- Pakistani forces consolidate hold in Swat - Jun 04, 2009