34 ill in S. China village after exposure to chemical gas leak

August 5th, 2010 - 2:00 pm ICT by ANI  

New Delhi, Aug. 5 (ANI): At least 34 villagers have taken ill after being exposed to poisonous gas leak from a chemical plant in south China’s Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.

A Xinhua report said Titanium tetrachloride, a gas with pungent odor, leaked Tuesday night from Guinan Titanium Co., Ltd. in Daoshui Township of Wuzhou City, when the workers were cleaning the equipment.

Thirty-four people from nearby Fuwan Village were rushed to the town’s hospital after inhaling the gas, said a city administration statement.

By Thursday, 24 villagers had been discharged from hospital, said the statement, while 10 others had been transferred to the Wuzhou City Workers’ Hospital. (ANI)

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in World |