33 pc Brits would rather spend Valentine’s Day with pets than lovers!February 14th, 2011 - 2:04 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 14 (ANI): On the most romantic day of the year, a survey has revealed that a third of Brit pet owners are more affectionate to their furry friends than their human lovers.
It also found that 80 percent would never date someone who didn’t like their pet - while 20 percent admit they would rather have a pet than a relationship, reports the Daily Express.
The poll of 3,000 dog and cat owners in Britain also showed that, faced with giving up their pet for the sake of love, 79 percent would refuse to do it.
Pets can even take the place of starting a family.
Almost a third - 29 percent - of people in a relationship prefer to have a pet than a child.
As some people spend more time stroking their cats and dogs than having physical contact with their partner, this extreme bond can understandably cause the green-eyed monster to rise up - and 12 percent blame it for putting a strain on their relationship.
Cat owners seem to be more willing to put up with a frosty atmosphere between their moggy and a loved one - with 43 percent happy to deal with someone who dislikes it.
Overall, however, more than half of all the people surveyed claimed that owning a pet had strengthened their relationship. (ANI)
- 80pc Brits won't date someone who doesn't like their pooch! - Feb 12, 2011
- Pets could be benefitting your kids at home - Jul 17, 2012
- Kiwi women believe dogs are better listeners than their partners: Survey - Aug 23, 2010
- Poll reveals 14 percent would choose pet over spouse in US - Jan 26, 2011
- A dog may be man's best friend but a cat is woman's! - Feb 25, 2011
- 'Dogs try to comfort people in distress' - Jun 10, 2012
- Catwalk for dogs and pets for comfort at this fair! - Jan 22, 2011
- Dangerous Liaisons: Wild cats as trophy pets in UAE (With Images) - Apr 20, 2012
- Women share darkest secrets with their dogs - Aug 12, 2010
- Feline friends can give you allergies - Dec 30, 2011
- Sleeping with your pet could make you sick - Jan 25, 2011
- Women talk to dogs more than their partner - Aug 23, 2011
- Recession affecting pets in Britain - Nov 13, 2011
- Scottish women fancy cats and dogs over babies! - Jul 26, 2010
- Why city folks treat dogs as their kids - Aug 16, 2010
Tags: atmosphere, brits, cat owners, cats and dogs, daily express, day of the year, feb 14, furry friends, green eyed monster, london feb, love, moggy, pet owners, pets, poll, relationship, sake, valentine s day