32 killed in Iraq car bomb blast (Lead)June 10th, 2009 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, June 10 (DPA) At least 32 people were killed and 47 injured when a car bomb exploded at a market in the southern Iraqi city of Nasriya Wednesday, a security official said.
The explosion took place in al-Bathaa market in the north of the city during a busy morning.
The injured were transferred to a nearby hospital. Many of the city’s residents remained indoors following the attack.
Nasriya, the capital of the relatively peaceful province of Dhi Kar, is situated some 375 km south of Baghdad.
Multinational forces transferred security responsibilities for the predominantly Shia province to Iraqi forces in September 2006.
- At least 25 killed in Iraq car bombing - Jun 10, 2009
- Over 40 killed in Iraq violence (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Roadside bomb kills five Iraqi soldiers - Aug 03, 2012
- 52 killed in series of attacks across Iraq - Sep 09, 2012
- 50 killed, hundreds injured in Iraq attacks (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- 20 killed, 125 wounded in Iraq car bombing (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- 12 killed in Iraq suicide attack - Feb 21, 2011
- 10 killed in Iraq bombings - Nov 25, 2011
- 12 killed in Iraq bombings - Jul 23, 2012
- 27 killed, 55 injured in Iraq blasts (Lead) - Jun 20, 2010
- 47 killed in Iraq car bombings - Jun 13, 2012
- Twelve dead in two bomb blasts in northern Iraq - Apr 29, 2011
- 25 killed, 75 wounded in Iraq suicide car bombing - May 05, 2011
- 35 killed in twin bomb blasts north of Baghdad - Jul 05, 2011
- Four killed in Iraq bomb blasts - Aug 12, 2011