30 killed in Sudan clashesMarch 13th, 2011 - 10:35 am ICT by IANS
Khartoum, March 13 (IANS) The Sudan People’s Liberation Army (SPLA) has said at least 30 militia men were killed in clashes between its forces and armed groups that attacked a city in the southern part of the country.
“The SPLA repulsed a group of hostile militia after they infiltrated into Malakal city, capital of Upper Nile state, and randomly opened fire on the city,” spokesman Philip Aguer was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
The attackers infiltrated into the city in civil costumes before the attack.
The SPLA managed to pursue the group, killing 30 of them and arresting one, he said.
It was not known whether any civilian was killed or injured in the attack, he said.
- At least 75 killed in South Sudan attack - Oct 30, 2011
- Sudan rebels claim killing 79 soldiers - Apr 21, 2012
- 31 killed in Sudanese plane crash - Aug 19, 2012
- Sudan rebels claim to have killed 130 soldiers - Feb 28, 2012
- 22 soldiers killed in Sudan - May 20, 2011
- UN chief deeply concerned over situation in Sudan - Jun 16, 2011
- 29 Chinese held hostage after camp attacked in Sudan - Jan 29, 2012
- US calls for restraint from Sudan, South Sudan - Apr 05, 2012
- Sudan against holding talks with Juba over oil - Apr 21, 2012
- Over 50 rebels killed in Blue Nile state: Sudanese army - Apr 22, 2012
- Chinese engineer killed in Sudan - Oct 03, 2011
- UN: South Sudan rebels kill nine civilians during weekend attacks - Nov 02, 2011
- Sudanair plane makes emergency landing - Oct 03, 2011
- Sudan president aims for South Sudan's liberation - Apr 19, 2012
- Three peacekeepers killed in Sudan's Darfur - Oct 11, 2011