30 injured in suicide attack in RussiaSeptember 25th, 2010 - 8:12 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Sep 25 (IANS/RIA Novosti) At least 30 people, including 20 police officers, were injured after a suicide bomber blew himself up during an anti-terrorist operation in Russia’s volatile North Caucasus republic of Dagestan, police sources said.
“According to latest updates, 30 people, including 20 police officers, have been hospitalised after the blast,” the source said, adding that three people were in serious condition.
“The terrorist attempted to break through a police cordon, but he was stopped by a policeman and set off the bomb. His identity is being established,” the official said.
Police surrounded a group of militants in a private house in the Dagestani capital of Makhachkala Friday evening. Two militants and two police officers were killed in the ensuing gunfight.
The special anti-terrorist operation has been suspended until Saturday morning as an unknown number of militants remain holed up in the surrounded building.
- Four militants killed in Russia - Sep 26, 2010
- 13 militants killed in Russia's Dagestan - Sep 13, 2010
- Woman trained as suicide bomber killed in Russia - Jul 24, 2011
- Three dead in North Caucasus blast - Sep 22, 2011
- Two killed in Russia blasts - Feb 15, 2011
- Car bomb kills four in Russia - Sep 28, 2011
- Police investigate Anzhi terrorism claims - Aug 18, 2012
- Russian police kill five militants in Dagestan - Jun 16, 2010
- Three militants killed in Dagestan - Jun 11, 2011
- Seven militants killed in Russia - Jul 15, 2012
- Cop, two militants killed in Russia - Mar 18, 2012
- Anzhi to play Europa matches near Moscow - Jul 09, 2012
- Two militants killed in Russia - Oct 23, 2010
- Hiddink slams UEFA ban for Anzhi home arena - Jul 13, 2012
- Suicide bomber kills seven at funeral - Aug 19, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,