3 die in Mexican plane crashNovember 1st, 2011 - 11:14 am ICT by IANS
Tijuana (Mexico), Nov 1 (IANS/EFE) Three people were killed when a small plane crashed in a residential area of this northwestern Mexican border city.
The aircraft Monday plummeted to the ground in the city’s Libertad neighborhood shortly before noon, just minutes after taking off from Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport, Tijuana Mayor Carlos Bustamante Anchondo told EFE.
Both people aboard the plane, pilot Francisco Zermeno and his 17-year-old daughter, died. The third fatality was a man on the ground who was yet to be identified.
The aircraft was en route from Tijuana to Loreto, a town in the southern part of the Baja California peninsula.
- 15 cops suspended for making suspect perform striptease - May 25, 2011
- Hyundai to invest $130 mn in new plant in Mexico - Aug 30, 2012
- 9,000-year-old tools found in Mexico - Oct 21, 2011
- 2.3 tonnes of marijuana seized in Mexico - Oct 09, 2011
- Spanish mayor arrested on corruption charges - Sep 21, 2012
- Police chief gunned down in Mexico - Jul 02, 2012
- Mexican girl suffers brain damage in school beating - Apr 20, 2011
- Five Colombian cops die in plane crash - Jul 29, 2011
- 71-year-old found chained to bed in Mexico - Jan 09, 2012
- Black box of crashed plane found in Cuba - Nov 06, 2010
- Brazilian cadet dies in ejection from plane - Jun 06, 2012
- 300 kg synthetic drugs seized in Mexico - May 06, 2010
- Mexican author dies hours after winning prize - Nov 20, 2011
- Mexican firm inks floating hotels deal in Spain - Sep 20, 2012
- List of 50 most beautiful Latinos released - Apr 26, 2011