29 injured in China restaurant blastSeptember 17th, 2011 - 3:27 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Sep 17 (IANS) At least 29 people were injured when a blast ripped through a restaurant in China, authorities said.
The blast occurred Friday afternoon at the restaurant called “007″ in Sanhe Street of southwest China’s Chongqing municipality, a spokesman with the local government told Xinhua.
The cause of the blast was being investigated.
The injured were rushed to hospital, with two in critical condition, the spokesman said.
Chongqing is a major city in southwest China, and one of the four direct-controlled municipalities — the other three being Beijing, Shanghai and Tianjin.
- Drought hits 672,000 people in Chinese metropolis - Sep 02, 2011
- Toxic fumes kill six in China tunnel - Dec 10, 2011
- Chinese city tracks officials through GPS-enabled phones - Apr 13, 2011
- 23 suffer burns in China plant blast - Dec 18, 2011
- 35 dead in China accident - Oct 07, 2011
- Four dead in Beijing house collapse - May 05, 2012
- Three killed in China hospital blast - Aug 21, 2011
- Family of 12 killed in van-truck crash in China (Lead) - Aug 20, 2012
- Ride horse to work, say equestrian enthusiasts - Jun 03, 2011
- Chinese serial killer shot dead - Aug 14, 2012
- 10 dead in China mall fire - Jul 01, 2012
- China vows to protect foreigners - Apr 21, 2012
- North China expressway accident kills 35 - Oct 08, 2011
- Four dead in China mine gas blast - Aug 28, 2012
- 10 killed in China barn collapse - Oct 18, 2009