28th GCC labour ministers meet begins in UAEOctober 20th, 2011 - 1:18 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Oct 19 (IANS/WAM) Labour and social welfare ministers of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) have begun their 28th meeting in Abu Dhabi.
UAE Minister of Labour Saqr Ghobash is presiding over the meeting, which will discuss labour issues that require common policies to live up to the aspirations of the Council.
Increasing opportunities for the nationalisation of jobs, a common policy on human trafficking and forced labour are also on the agenda of the meeting.
Delegates from the GCC Secretariat General and the Executive Office of the GCC Council of Labour Ministers are also taking part in the meeting.
- UAE to host GCC financial, economic committee meet - Oct 20, 2011
- GCC foreign ministers to discuss Yemen in Abu Dhabi - Apr 20, 2011
- UAE, Oman discuss trade barriers - Jan 25, 2012
- GCC oil ministers pass unified oil strategy - Dec 25, 2011
- UAE, Britain explore cooperation - May 26, 2012
- UAE to host Gulf financial and economic integration forum - Oct 21, 2011
- UAE to observe Prophet Mohammad's birthday Feb 4 - Jan 30, 2012
- UAE, Iraqi army chiefs meet - Apr 08, 2012
- UAE, Libya discuss bilateral relations - Nov 07, 2011
- Foreign ministers of Turkey, six Gulf nations meet - Jan 29, 2012
- UAE, Tunisia discuss bilateral cooperation - Oct 31, 2011
- 2nd theatre fest for the disabled kicks off in Sharjah - Nov 13, 2011
- UAE heritage on display at Abu Dhabi airport - Jan 25, 2012
- Abu Dhabi holds meet on organised crime - Jun 19, 2012
- Abu Dhabi to host GCC monetary agencies meet Thursday - Mar 09, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi uae, aspirations, delegates, executive office, gulf cooperation council, human trafficking, jobs, labour issues, labour ministers, minister of labour, nationalisation, secretariat, secretariat general, social welfare, uae minister, vm, wam