28 more eligible voters added in Pak’s new voters listNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:57 am ICT by admin
This is in sharp contrast to the Election Commission’s 2002 statement, when it had said that the 72 million figure of eligible voters then was an inflated one.
The Commission had then blamed the state-run National Database and Registration Authority for making an error by registering many people who did not have national identity cards.
“This (preparation of voters list) is an ongoing process and voters can still be included until the election schedule is announced,” The Nation quoted Commission Secretary Kanwar Muhammad Dilshad, as saying.
“However, the new list builds on the original 2002 voter base adds millions of people who have since turned 18,” he added.
It has been estimated that approximately half of the country population are below 18.
Meanwhile, the Election Commission has announced the size of posters, hoardings, banners and handbills for the next general elections.
The candidates will be able to use posters measuring two feet by three feet, hoardings of three feet by five feet, banners of three feet by nine feet, and handbills and leaf lists of 9 inches by 6 inches. (ANI)
- MCD polls have lost their carnival spirit: Contestants - Apr 05, 2012
- 37 mn questionable entries in Pakistan electoral roll - Mar 09, 2011
- MCD poll fever peaks on last day of campaign - Apr 13, 2012
- Pakistani transvestites get identity cards - Jan 26, 2012
- Pakistan to provide poll data through SMS - Dec 29, 2011
- A civic-conscious couple seeks to make Delhi poster free - Jan 10, 2011
- Pakistan begins verifying 81 mn voters - Aug 22, 2011
- Young Goa voters to be enrolled in colleges - Sep 20, 2011
- 150 million can vote in April-May - Mar 02, 2011
- Five states go to polls in April-May - Mar 02, 2011
- Election Commission in Bihar make printing business incur losses - Oct 15, 2010
- Country-wide programmes to mark National Voters' Day - Jan 24, 2011
- UP voter turnout 60 percent, may rise: Poll panel (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Delhi civic polls on April 15 (Second Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Indian campaign material keeps up with the times - Mar 15, 2009
Tags: commission secretary, country population, dilshad, election commission, election schedule, five feet, general elections, hoardings, latest addition, list of voters, muhammad, national database, national identity cards, number of eligible voters, original 2002, posters, registration authority, three feet, two feet, voters list