28-inch woman delivers an 18-inch baby!March 4th, 2008 - 4:29 pm ICT by admin
London, Mar 4 (ANI): A woman with just a height of 28 inches has given birth to a girl more than half her own size.
The 33-year-old mum Stacey has given birth to Makya Herald who measured 18ins when she entered the world.
But the tot is predicted to end up an average height and is already growing like a weed, said Stacey.
The housewife, whose husband is 5ft 9ins, already has another daughter and believes both are gifts from God.
If you look at my body 28 inches and put an 18-inch person into that body, that is physically impossible. It cannot be done. That is why Im certain my child is nothing short of a miracle, The Sun quoted Stacey, as saying.
Stacey has a genetic disorder called Osteogenesis Imperfecta, which causes brittle bones and underdeveloped lungs and meant she has failed to grow.
Her first daughter, Kateri, has the same condition, but at around 22ins is already almost the same size as Stacey.
Giving birth to her 16 months ago almost killed Stacey.
So when she found out she was pregnant for a second time, doctors pleaded with her to have an abortion.
Stacey said: They said that with the size of my torso, the baby would grow up underneath my lungs and smother out my lungs and my heart and we would both die.
But she went ahead, despite describing the pregnancy as uncomfortable as she added 20lb to her tiny 52lb frame.
She said: I felt like a potato with arms and legs.
Stacey, who is in a wheelchair, said she loves being a mum but could not get through it without the help of 25-year-old husband Wil, who is training to be a priest. (ANI)
- World's Smallest Mother Has Third Child, Wants More - Jul 07, 2010
- World's smallest mum vows to have more babies after giving birth to third - Jul 06, 2010
- World's smallest mum to give birth for third time - Nov 10, 2009
- Meet UK's smallest mum whose son will be double her height when grown - Apr 27, 2010
- Stacey Solomon smokes despite being pregnant - Mar 05, 2012
- 57-yr-old becomes UK's oldest surrogate mum by giving birth to own grandson - Feb 26, 2011
- Duff feels her delivery was like a show - May 13, 2012
- British police: The tall and the short - Nov 18, 2011
- The World's Shortest Man, He Pingping Dies - Mar 16, 2010
- Single mother Stacey Solomon is 'Celebrity Mum of the Year 2011' - Mar 30, 2011
- Oz mum gives birth to 5.75kg baby boy - Mar 09, 2011
- Girl's letter to judge saves mother from jail - Feb 22, 2012
- Mel B becomes mum again - Sep 02, 2011
- Alba gives birth to second daughter - Aug 15, 2011
- Alba happier than ever - Jan 20, 2012
Tags: abortion, arms and legs, brittle bones, first daughter, genetic disorder, giving birth, god, heart, housewife, kateri, london, nothing short of a miracle, pregnancy, second time, sun, time doctors, torso, underdeveloped lungs, weed, wheelchair