25 trapped in Turkish coal mine blastMay 17th, 2010 - 11:19 pm ICT by IANS
Istanbul, May 17 (DPA) Some 25 miners have been trapped by an underground explosion Monday in northern Turkey, Turkish media reported.
The miners work in a coal mine near the city of Zonguldak, on the Black Sea coast.
Turkish officials said rescue workers were trying to reach the trapped miners. Eleven workers were injured, the officials said.
Turkey has had several mining accidents in recent months. In February, 13 workers were killed in a mine blast in northwest Turkey.
Miners have blamed outdated equipment and methods and a lack of government oversight for the accidents.
- 53 rescuers pulled out of southwest China mine, 5 workers trapped - Jul 29, 2012
- Injuries reported after explosion at coal mine in northern Turkey - May 17, 2010
- Seven Chinese miners killed in gas burst (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- China: 11 workers confirmed dead in Changzhi mine accident - Apr 17, 2012
- 11 trapped in China coal mine - Apr 27, 2012
- Explosion traps 58 in China coal mine - Jun 21, 2010
- 11 trapped miners in China still alive - Jul 08, 2012
- 16 trapped in China coal mine - Jul 06, 2012
- Death toll rises to 29 after blast at coal mine in central China - Oct 30, 2011
- China mine explosion toll climbs to 19 - Aug 30, 2012
- Elevator crashes at mine in eastern China, killing 13 - Mar 17, 2012
- China mine blast kills 21 - Oct 17, 2010
- Shaft collapses at coal mine in southwest China, killing 5 - Sep 25, 2011
- Mining accident kills eight workers in China's Gansu province - Apr 29, 2011
- Five die in China mine collapse - Sep 25, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,