25 killed in Iraq suicide bombingMarch 10th, 2009 - 6:13 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, March 10 (Xinhua) A suicide car bomb attack ripped through a tribal leaders’ gathering in Iraq’s Abu Ghraib area Tuesday, killing at least 25 people and wounding 20, an interior ministry source said.
A suicide bomber rammed his explosive-laden car into a crowd of tribal leaders and senior army officers while they were leaving the town hall, 20 km west of Baghdad, the source said.
The commander of an Iraqi Army battalion was among the killed. Iraqi state-run television said that its reporter was seriously wounded in the attack.
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Three killed, nine injured in Iraq - Apr 30, 2012
- Nine killed in Iraq attacks - Apr 19, 2012
- 13 killed, 74 injured in series of blasts in Baghdad - May 22, 2011
- Two soldiers killed in Iraq violence - Aug 13, 2010
- 10 dead, 45 wounded in Iraq suicide bombing - Jun 04, 2012
- Eight killed in Iraq suicide attacks - Apr 13, 2010
- Six killed in Iraq violence - Dec 05, 2011
- 13 killed in Iraq car bombing - Nov 28, 2011
- 25 killed, 75 wounded in Iraq suicide car bombing - May 05, 2011
- Three killed in Iraq bombing - Dec 26, 2011
- Suicide car bomb in Iraq kills three securitymen - Jun 06, 2011
- 27 killed in Iraq bomb attacks - Dec 22, 2011
- 63 killed in Iraq violence (Lead) - Dec 22, 2011
Tags: abu ghraib, army battalion, army officers, baghdad, car bomb attack, crowd, interior ministry, iraq, iraqi army, iraqi state, ministry source, suicide bomber, suicide bombing, television, town hall, tribal leaders, xinhua