24 rebels surrender in TripuraJanuary 11th, 2009 - 4:21 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, Jan 11 (IANS) Twenty four tribal separatists have surrendered in Tripura after fleeing from their bases in adjoining Bangladesh, officials said here Sunday.The Bangladesh-trained militants led by their leaders Golsingh Reang and Rai Bahadur Reang surrendered before senior Assam Rifles and police officers late Saturday.
The militants, belonging to the banned All Tripura Tiger Force (ATTF) and the National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT), also deposited a large cache of arms and ammunition.
Militants belonging to various rebel groups in the northeast have set up about 100 camps and hideouts in different parts of Bangladesh, specially Sylhet district and Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT).
“We have managed to escape from our camps in Sylhet district after the Bangladeshi security personnel launched anti-insurgency operations in different parts of that country,” Golsingh Reang told reporters.
Last week, four ATTF leaders, carrying rewards of Rs.250,000 each and having Interpol arrest warrants, fled from their Bangladeshi camps and surrendered to the Tripura police.
- Seven more Tripura tribal separatists surrender - Dec 17, 2009
- Six tribal separatists surrender in Tripura - Nov 09, 2009
- Ten more Bangladesh-trained terrorists surrender - Jan 09, 2010
- 118 rebels flee Bangladesh camps, surrender in Tripura - Feb 15, 2009
- Six tribal separatists surrender in Tripura - Oct 16, 2009
- Nine more rebels surrender in Tripura after fleeing Bangladeshi camps - Aug 10, 2009
- Eight tribal separatists arrested in Tripura - Dec 26, 2009
- Three Tripura militants surrender with weapons - Jul 04, 2012
- 16 Tripura terrorists flee Bangladeshi camps, surrender - Aug 11, 2010
- Ten Tripura militants surrender with weapons - Nov 03, 2011
- 13 Bangladesh-trained rebels surrender in Tripura - Jul 02, 2010
- Six terrorists surrender in Tripura - Jun 22, 2010
- Ten Bangladeshi-trained militants surrender in Tripura - Jun 24, 2010
- Nine Tripura terrorists flee Bangladesh, surrender - May 17, 2011
- Linkages between northeast terrorists continue: Government - Oct 20, 2011