24 killed in China bus fireJune 5th, 2009 - 11:29 am ICT by IANS
Chengdu (China), June 5 (Xinhua) At least 24 people were killed when a bus caught fire Friday morning in the city of Chengdu in southwest China’s Sichuan province, officials said.
The accident took place at 8 a.m. as the bus was on its way from Tianhui township to downtown Chengdu, and caught fire under the Chuanshan viaduct, said Mao Zhiqiong, spokesman with the Chengdu city government.
More than 10 people escaped the burning bus, which caught fire near the city zoo, in north Chengdu.
Traffic police said they were not sure about the cause of the fire and were waiting for further technical check-ups.
- China bus fire toll rises to 27 - Jun 07, 2009
- Bus plunges into ravine in southwest China, killing 15 - Mar 13, 2012
- 47 killed in two China expressway collisions - Aug 26, 2012
- 26 missing after bus falls into China river (Lead) - Jul 18, 2010
- Fifteen killed when bus plunges into gorge in southwest China - Aug 07, 2010
- Chinese squirts glue on women's hair - Jul 23, 2012
- Chinese giant pandas to fly to Paris - Jan 10, 2012
- 23 die in China accident - Apr 12, 2012
- 'Olympics panda' born in China - Jul 29, 2012
- 15 die as rain, floods wreak havoc in China (Lead) - Jul 09, 2010
- Minibus carrying preschoolers collides with truck in NW China, killing 20 - Nov 16, 2011
- Two killed, 21 hurt in China road accident - Dec 18, 2011
- 41 die in China bus fire - Jul 22, 2011
- 16 killed in China accident - Jan 05, 2012
- 15 killed in China accident - Aug 07, 2010