24 Iraqis killed by explosions as they vote in BaghdadMarch 7th, 2010 - 4:56 pm ICT by ANI
Baghdad, Mar.7 (ANI): At least 24 Iraqis were killed on Sunday as they cast their votes in an election that Sunni Islamist militants have vowed to disrupt.At least 65 people were wounded around the country.
An Independent report said scores of mortar rounds, rockets and roadside bombs exploded near polling stations in Baghdad, and some elsewhere.
The voting was for Iraq’s second full-term parliament since the 2003 US-led invasion.
The Baghdad security spokesman, Major General Qassim al-Moussawi, said most of the rockets and mortar bombs had been fired from mainly Sunni districts in and around the city. (ANI)
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Over 40 killed in Iraq violence (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Car bomb kills 10, wounds 38 in Iraqi city of Karbala - Nov 08, 2010
- 2 killed, 16 injured in attacks in Iraq - Nov 13, 2011
- 20 killed, 64 wounded in attacks in Baghdad - Feb 23, 2012
- Six killed, 19 injured in Iraq attacks - Jul 07, 2010
- One killed, nine injured in Iraq bombings - Jul 09, 2012
- Two dead, nine hurt in four bomb attacks in Iraq - Dec 25, 2011
- Quran written in Saddam's blood locked in Baghdad - Dec 21, 2010
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- 63 killed in Iraq violence (Lead) - Dec 22, 2011
- 27 killed in Iraq bomb attacks - Dec 22, 2011
- Six killed in Iraq's twin blasts - Oct 03, 2011
- Six killed in Iraq violence - Dec 05, 2011