24 injured in China train accidentAugust 24th, 2012 - 12:19 am ICT by IANS
Harbin (China), Aug 23 (IANS) At least 24 people were injured when two passenger trains collided at a railway station in northeast China’s Heilongjiang province Thursday, local authorities said.
The accident happened around 5:24 p.m. at Jiamusi railway station, a spokesman with the railway bureau in the provincial capital Harbin told Xinhua late Thursday night.
He said most of the injured were about to get off the train, but fell under the impact of collision.
The official said most of them suffered light injuries and were allowed to go home after treatment.
As of midnight, five people were still under medical observation.
An investigation is underway.
- 27 dead in road accidents in China - Sep 04, 2010
- Six dead in China road accident - Jun 01, 2012
- Four missing after boat capsizes in northeast China - Aug 20, 2010
- Train crash in South Africa injures more than 850 - May 20, 2011
- 40 injured in China plane crash - Aug 25, 2010
- 15 dead in Andhra train accident - May 22, 2012
- Six killed as trains collide in Poland (Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- Four killed in China stabbing, arson attack - Aug 04, 2012
- One dead in Bengal train collision, Railways announce compensation (Lead) - Jan 08, 2012
- At least 20 hurt after passenger plane overshoots runway at airport in northeast China - Aug 24, 2010
- Major train accidents in the last six years - Jul 07, 2011
- 51 dead in China road, rail accidents (Lead) - May 23, 2010
- Six injured in Mumbai train collision (Second Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- Five killed in China road accident - Aug 29, 2012
- Dozens rescued after passenger plane overshoots runway at airport in northeast China - Aug 25, 2010