23 militants killed in Pakistan’s Orakzai regionMay 9th, 2010 - 7:32 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, May 9 (IANS) Pakistani troops backed by helicopter gunships pounded militant hideouts in the northwestern Orakzai region Sunday, killing at least 23 fighters and injuring eight, an official said.
The security forces also destroyed five bunkers of the militants. Online news agency quoted official sources as telling a private TV channel as saying the security forces target militant hideouts in Shana Garhi, Khui Meka and other areas of the Lower Orakzai region, killing 13 militants.
The troops also killed 10 militants and injured four in the Mandai Kalay area of Upper Orakzai.
Security forces claim to have cleared a number of areas of militants in the Orakzai agency.
More than 400 militants have so far been killed during the military operation that started in the Orakzai area in late March. Orakzai has seen a growing inflow of militants who fleeing the South Waziristan tribal area due to the military operation underway there.
- 25 extremists killed in FATA as Pak forces continue to pound militant hideouts - Apr 17, 2010
- Pak fighter jets pound FATA, 13 militants killed - Apr 08, 2010
- 23 militants killed in Pakistan - Oct 24, 2010
- 23 Taliban militants killed by Pak security forces in Orakzai - Apr 12, 2010
- 34 militants killed in Pakistan (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- 15 more militants killed in fresh military operation in FATA - Apr 09, 2010
- 50 militants killed in Pakistan - Apr 08, 2011
- 18 militants killed in army operation in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2012
- Five suspected militants killed in Pakistan - Jan 06, 2012
- Helicopter gunship attacks kill six militants in Pak's Kurram region - Mar 06, 2011
- Troops kill 12 militants in northwest Pakistan - Jun 28, 2010
- Seven militants killed in Pakistan's tribal area - Aug 01, 2012
- Pakistani forces destroy hideout, kill militants - May 06, 2012
- 33 insurgents killed in northwest Pakistan - Apr 29, 2011
- 19 militants killed in military strikes in Pakistan - Mar 28, 2010