23 die in China accidentApril 12th, 2012 - 1:39 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, April 12 (IANS) At least 23 people were killed in a head-on collision between a bus and a truck in central China’s Anhui province Thursday, police said.
The crash occurred at about 6:30 a.m. near Wangzhai township in the city of Suzhou, traffic police said.
Three injured passengers were rushed to a hospital, reported Xinhua.
Traffic accidents on China’s roads result in about 70,000 deaths and 300,000 injuries each year, according to the Ministry of Public Security. Speeding, fatigue, drunk-driving and poor road conditions are usually blamed.
- Indonesia: 14 dead, 40 injured in West Java bus accident - Feb 11, 2012
- Truck crashes into passenger bus in southern Vietnam, killing 10 - Nov 07, 2011
- Minibus carrying preschoolers collides with truck in NW China, killing 20 - Nov 16, 2011
- 2,700 students killed in China road accidents in 2011 - Jun 02, 2012
- Pakistan: Seven passengers die after bus driver falls asleep - Apr 12, 2012
- Lucky escape for 25 kids in school bus accident (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Nine killed in Zambia bus accident - Jul 20, 2012
- Bus accident in northern Pakistan kills 6, injures 23 - Jan 17, 2012
- Chinese province school buses to have GPS - Feb 24, 2012
- Seventeen killed after bus crash in eastern China - Oct 10, 2010
- China punishes 16 officials for school bus accident - Aug 02, 2012
- 28 killed in Cameroon road accident - Aug 30, 2011
- Eight dead as vehicle slams into bus in UP - Apr 21, 2012
- At least 32 killed, 21 injured in expressway accident in China - May 23, 2010
- Four officials sacked as 18 kids die in accident - Nov 17, 2011