22 suspected Al Qaeda militants arrested in TurkeyMarch 30th, 2010 - 1:36 pm ICT by IANS
Ankara, March 30 (IANS/AKI) Twenty-two suspected Al Qaeda militants including the outfit’s head in Turkey, Serdar Elbasa alias Abu Zer, have been arrested in police raids in three provinces in the country.
The operation carried out by police in Aksaray, Ankara and Manisa provinces, led to the finding of documents belonging to the terrorist group and a few arms and ammunition, a media report said Monday.
The suspected head of Al Qaeda in Gaziantep province bordering Syria and a militant trained in Afghanistan were among those arrested.
Anti-terror police earlier this year arrested 140 Al Qaeda suspects in raids across Turkey.
- Eight held in Turkey for Al Qaeda ties - Jun 16, 2012
- 120 suspected Al Qaeda members arrested in Turkey - Jan 22, 2010
- 40,000 Syrian refugees reach Turkey - Jul 14, 2012
- Abducted Turkish journalists released in Syria - Aug 02, 2012
- 16 terror suspects held in Indonesia - Jun 13, 2011
- Indonesian cleric jailed for 15 years for terror acts - Jun 16, 2011
- Turkish police arrest 20 suspected Al Qaeda militants - Jan 18, 2010
- Turkish army holds drills on Syria border - Aug 02, 2012
- 77 kg heroin seized in Turkey - Aug 28, 2010
- Eight killed, 60 injured in Turkey blast - Aug 21, 2012
- Syrian envoy to UAE defects after wife joins rebels - Jul 25, 2012
- 80 held in Serbia child porn racket - Nov 16, 2011
- Three cops killed in Pakistan, Taliban commander escapes - Aug 12, 2011
- Pakistan denies report of MQM leader's killers' arrest - Nov 14, 2011
- ISI left out in Pakistani journalist's killing report: HRW - Jan 30, 2012