21 Arab films at Baghdad festSeptember 21st, 2011 - 11:34 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Sep 21 (IANS/WAM) Twenty-one films from the Gulf countries will be screened at the 3rd Baghdad International Film Festival (BIFF) Oct 3-6, it was announced Wednesday.
The UAE, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Yemen will participate. The event, organised by Dubai-based Gulf Film Festival, will showcase documentaries and contemporary and innovative cinema.
The festival aims to set a benchmark of excellence in Iraqi cinema, organisers said.
- Dubai to host 5th Gulf film fest - Jan 05, 2012
- UAE-Brazilian firms sign deals worth $65 mn - Feb 21, 2012
- Experts to discuss Middle East's rail projects - May 08, 2010
- More Emirates flights to Saudi Arabia - Jun 27, 2012
- Gulf Film Festival begins - Apr 08, 2010
- UAE breeds world's first Arabian cobra in captivity - Aug 07, 2011
- Dubai to host 17th GCC e-government, e-services conference - May 19, 2011
- Dubai hosts international conference of air chiefs - Nov 13, 2011
- Foreign ministers of Turkey, six Gulf nations meet - Jan 29, 2012
- OPEC daily basket price hits $97.34 per barrel - Jun 13, 2012
- UN High Commissioner for Human Rights to visit Gulf - Apr 16, 2010
- Gulf foreign ministers meet to set GCC agenda (Lead) - Dec 06, 2010
- Gulf Cooperation Council summit opens in Abu Dhabi - Dec 06, 2010
- Dubai to host agri-business meet - Mar 23, 2012
- Abu Dhabi film fest invites entries for fifth edition - Apr 07, 2011