200 illegal immigrants arrested in MalaysiaJune 20th, 2010 - 6:07 am ICT by IANS
Kuala Lumpur, June 20 (IANS) Over 200 illegal immigrants were arrested in Malaysia’s Penang state after they failed to provide valid documents to prove their legal entry into the country, police said.
An enforcement team of around 60 officials including police and immigration officers carried out the raid on the illegal immigrants Saturday. Within three hours, over 200 foreigners who failed to produce valid travel documents were arrested, Xinhua quoted a police spokesperson as saying.
The arrested immigrants are mainly from Indonesia, Thailand, Myanmar and Bangladesh, he said.
- Manipur pushes back 60 suspected Bangladeshis - Sep 02, 2012
- Indian, Bangladeshis held in Malaysia (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Malaysian men getting hitched to foreign women for a price - Feb 20, 2011
- Two Myanmarese killed in Malaysia bus accident - May 26, 2012
- Crackdown against illegal Myanmar immigrants launched - Sep 19, 2010
- Amnesty International slams Malaysia for failing to stop migrant workers' exploitation - Mar 24, 2010
- Malaysia raids football gambling syndicates - Jul 05, 2012
- Indian citizen 'overstays' Malaysian prison term by 32 months - Jan 04, 2011
- 49 illegal immigrants arrested in Manipur - Aug 31, 2012
- 15 missing after boat capsizes in Malaysia - Jun 23, 2010
- Manipur continues to crackdown on illegal immigrants - Aug 31, 2012
- International meet on tiger begins - Jul 12, 2010
- 31 Myanmar nationals held in Tripura - Dec 17, 2011
- 12 more Myanmarese held in Tripura - Mar 08, 2012
- 30 Myanmarese, Bangladeshis caught in Tripura - Dec 02, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,