20 vehicles collide in China, five deadNovember 22nd, 2011 - 2:23 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Nov 22 (IANS) At least five people died and many others were injured when more than 20 vehicles collided in China, authorities said.
The accident took place in the central Hunan province Monday, Xinhua reported.
The incident happened on an expressway in Dongkou county due to the presence of fog, which reduced visibility on the road, triggering the chain collision, said a spokesman with the provincial traffic police.
The actual number of injured people was still unknown, the report said.
- 21 vehicles collide in China - Feb 11, 2012
- 100-vehicle pile-up in China leaves seven dead (Lead) - Dec 27, 2010
- 12 cars collide in China, three dead - Feb 27, 2012
- Eight dead as 30 vehicles collide in China - Oct 23, 2011
- 13 dead in China road accident - Apr 22, 2012
- Four killed in China bus crash - Feb 01, 2012
- 13 killed in China road accident - Jan 03, 2012
- Two killed, 21 hurt in China road accident - Dec 18, 2011
- Seven die in 100-vehicle pile-up in China - Dec 27, 2010
- Five killed in China road accident - Aug 29, 2012
- Nine killed in China road accident - Aug 17, 2012
- 27 dead in road accidents in China - Sep 04, 2010
- Nine killed in China bus-truck collision - Dec 10, 2011
- Nine killed in China bus accident - Oct 21, 2010
- 21 dead in China road accidents - Jan 12, 2011