20 die in Afghan suicide bombing (Lead)June 25th, 2011 - 7:45 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, June 25 (IANS) Twenty people were killed and 23 others were injured Saturday in a suicide car bombing in eastern Afghanistan’s Logar province, Xinhua reported.
The bomber detonated his explosives-laden car inside a hospital compound in Azra district around 10.30 a.m., killing 20 people, including patients and staff, the interior ministry said in a statement.
Twenty-three people were injured.
The ministry blamed the Taliban for the attack.
The Azra district is about 60 km south of Kabul.
- Twin attacks kill 10 in Afghanistan (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Taliban killed in failed bombing, five injured - Dec 02, 2011
- 15 killed in Afghan car bombing - Jun 25, 2011
- Three die in Afghan bombing - Jun 19, 2011
- Seven die in Afghan suicide bomb attack - Jun 15, 2011
- 10 dead, 12 wounded in Afghan airport bombing (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Triple suicide bombings kill 18 in Afghanistan (Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- Suicide bombers attack Kabul shortly after Obama's visit - May 03, 2012
- 10 dead, 45 wounded in Iraq suicide bombing - Jun 04, 2012
- Twelve killed in Afghan suicide bombing - Sep 02, 2012
- 10 die in Afghanistan airport suicide blast - Feb 27, 2012
- Seven die in Iraq bomb attack - May 22, 2011
- Damascus bombings toll rises to 55 (Second Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Three killed in Iraq bombing - Dec 26, 2011
- Five militants killed, 22 held in Afghanistan - Feb 27, 2012