1ft 11in tall Indian teen is the world’s smallest girlJune 10th, 2009 - 1:52 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 10 (ANI): She stands just 1ft 11in tall, but Jyoti Amge is not a toddler - rather she’s a 15-year-old teenager, who holds the record of being the world’s smallest girl.
This extraordinary teenager, who weighs just 11 lb, is the smallest girl in the world, according to the Indian Book of Records.
Jyoti, who suffers from a form of dwarfism called achondroplasia, will never grow any taller.
But that doesn’t make the youngster unhappy or discouraged.
“I am proud of being small. I love the attention I get. I’m just the same as other people. I eat like you, dream like you. I don’t feel any different,” the Mirror quoted Jyoti, as saying.
Jyoti eats off special plates, sleeps in a tiny, custombuilt bed, and uses specially-made steps to help her get in the bath and a small bucket and jug to wash herself.
But, amazingly, she goes to a regular school, in Nagpur, India, where she studies alongside classmates of her own age, though she sits at a specially made miniature desk.
Jyoti’s mother, Ranjana, 45, said that her daughter’s condition was not evident until some time after her birth.
“When Joyti was born she seemed quite normal. We came to know about her disorder when she was five,” Ranjana said.
“Jyoti is small, yet cute, and we love her very much,” she added. (ANI)
- 1ft 11in tall Indian teen is the world's smallest girl - Apr 07, 2008
- Nagpur woman, world's shortest, eyes acting career - Dec 17, 2011
- Indian declared world's shortest woman - Dec 16, 2011
- World's smallest woman delighted with title - Nov 17, 2010
- World's shortest woman joins Raj Thackeray's party - May 09, 2012
- Hatice Kocaman is the world's smallest woman - Nov 17, 2010
- Jaipur toddler drowns in bucket of water - May 15, 2012
- Golden girl in Paralympic pool - Sep 05, 2012
- Holmes wants to date tall men - Sep 13, 2012
- 22 inches tall Philippines teen to be crowned world's shortest man - Mar 10, 2011
- At 330 kg, British teenager would secretly gobble food - Jun 03, 2012
- Questions raised over media's role in Guwahati molestation - Jul 15, 2012
- Biopic makes world's shortest man walk tall - Apr 17, 2011
- Chinese teen ends life over violence - Jul 11, 2012
- Zooey Deschanel was bullied at school - Jan 20, 2012