1,900 convert to Islam in DubaiSeptember 16th, 2010 - 12:11 am ICT by IANS
Dubai, Sep 15 (IANS/WAM) Some 1,900 people from 25 countries have converted to Islam since the beginning of this year, the authorities in Dubai said Wednesday.
Of them, 397 people voluntarily came to the Dubai Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities Department during the holy month of Ramadan and declared their willingness to embrace Islam, its director general Hamad Bin Al-Sheikh Al-Shebani said.
Training and initiation programmes, lectures and Arabic language courses are made available at some mosques in Dubai for the new Muslims and their families, Al-Shebani said.
- UAE to release 724 prisoners ahead of Ramadan - Aug 04, 2010
- GCC media exhibition opened - Dec 06, 2010
- UAE's Fujairah pardons 45 prisoners - Jul 22, 2012
- Dubai Police to crackdown on begging during Ramadan - Jul 23, 2011
- Ramadan begins in UAE - Jul 20, 2012
- 150,000 people have iftar at UAE mosque - Aug 05, 2012
- Dutch queen tours Abu Dhabi mosque - Jan 09, 2012
- Clerics in UAE call for austere life - Aug 04, 2011
- Dubai charity donates $4 mn for Pakistani flood victims - Sep 06, 2010
- Indian envoy welcomed by Sharjah ruler - Dec 28, 2010
- UAE leaders greet new Saudi crown prince - Jun 19, 2012
- UAE to release 676 prisoners to mark Ramadan - Jul 26, 2011
- UAE sends humanitarian aid for Libyans - Apr 02, 2011
- UAE releases over 80 prisoners - Jul 20, 2012
- Prayers for rain performed across UAE - Dec 31, 2011
Tags: arabic language courses, authorities, charitable activities, convert to islam, holy month of ramadan, initiation, islamic affairs, kv, month of ramadan, mosques, new muslims, ramadan, vm, wam, willingness