19 killed, 30 injured in Afghan bombingJuly 9th, 2009 - 1:26 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, July 9 (Xinhua) A roadside bomb went off Thursday morning in Afghanistan’s Logar Province, killing 19 and leaving 30 injured, a spokesman said.
“A large quantity of explosive material planted by militants in a truck went off this morning while a group of teenage students were passing by in Mohammad Agha district,” said Din Mohammad Darwish, the spokesman of the provincial administration.
Mohammad Agha district in Logar Province is some 50 km south of Afghan capital Kabul.
Meantime, Abdul Hamid, the district chief put the death toll as high as 19 adding 12 students and four policemen were killed.
No group or individuals have yet claimed responsibility.
- Militants kill 11 in Afghanistan - Jun 06, 2011
- Twin attacks kill 10 in Afghanistan (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Five bodies found in Afghan province - Aug 02, 2012
- 10 policemen killed in Afghan bombing - Apr 28, 2012
- 15 killed in Afghan car bombing - Jun 25, 2011
- Taliban killed in failed bombing, five injured - Dec 02, 2011
- Governor among four killed in Afghan blast - Aug 12, 2012
- Former official, 19 Taliban fighters killed in Afghanistan - Jul 11, 2009
- 25 killed in Afghan bombing (Lead) - Jul 09, 2009
- 10 killed in Afghan roadside bombing - Dec 29, 2011
- Four children killed in Afghanistan blast - Nov 01, 2011
- Taliban kill senior Afghan police official - Jul 28, 2011
- Two kids killed in Afghan bombing - Apr 12, 2012
- Three civilians among 17 killed in Afghan violence - Jun 19, 2010
- Afghan president's advisor survives attack - Aug 04, 2010
Tags: abdul hamid, afghan capital kabul, afghanistan, death toll, district chief, explosive material, logar, militants, mohammad agha, policemen, provincial administration, roadside bomb, spokesman, teenage students, thursday morning, xinhua