19 held for plotting to bomb Indonesia churchApril 27th, 2011 - 7:31 pm ICT by IANS
Jakarta, April 27 (IANS/AKI) At least 19 suspects have been arrested for plotting to bomb a cathedral in the Indonesian capital city during Easter, officials said.
Ansyaad Mbai, chief of the national anti-terrorism agency, said the suspects planned to bomb the Christ Cathedral just outside Jakarta.
The suspects had placed a series of explosives near the church in Serpong area. The devices - some disguised as books - were timed to go off just as Good Friday services at the 3,000-seat Roman Catholic church were about to begin.
“All those arrested are suspects connected to the book bombs, and planned to blow up the church,” Mbai said after a security meeting at the presidential palace.
- Bombs hurled at Indonesia church - Apr 29, 2011
- Indonesian TV cameraman arrested in Good Friday bomb plot - Apr 23, 2011
- Islamist militants wanted to film and broadcast cathedral explosion in Indonesia - Apr 23, 2011
- 16 terror suspects held in Indonesia - Jun 13, 2011
- Bali bombing suspect arrives in Indonesia - Aug 11, 2011
- Indonesian cleric jailed for 15 years for terror acts - Jun 16, 2011
- Bali bomb suspect Umar Petek extradited from Pakistan to Indonesia - Aug 11, 2011
- 35 cyber criminals held in Indonesia - Sep 28, 2011
- Two wanted terrorists held in Indonesia - Jul 13, 2012
- Indonesian cops criticised for killing terrorists - Mar 20, 2012
- Fake policemen held in Indonesia - May 03, 2012
- 11 executed in Iraq - Nov 17, 2011
- 80 held in Serbia child porn racket - Nov 16, 2011
- Indonesian police arrests seven suspects in relation to parcel bomb attacks - Apr 28, 2011
- 70 Belgians to sue Vatican for clerical sex abuse - Apr 30, 2011