19 die during urs celebration in PakistanJuly 22nd, 2011 - 11:51 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 22 (IANS) At least 19 people have died in separate incidents of drowning and suffocation in the intense heat during an annual urs celebrations in Pakistan’s Sindh province, Geo News reported Friday.
Six people drowned while bathing in a canal while 13 others were suffocated during the three-day urs celebration of Hazrat Usman Marvendi Lal Shahbaz Qalandar in Sehwan town of Sindh’s Jamshoro district.
Tens of thousands of devotees converged from different parts of the country to pay homage to Hazrat Lal Shahbaz Qalandar on his 759th annual urs celebrations this year.
- Annual Urs of Hazrat Shah Asrar celebrated with religious fervor in J-K - Nov 14, 2010
- Muslim devotees throng Ajmer to take part in Chishti Urs - Jun 13, 2010
- Muslim dervishes on way to Ajmer Sharif perform daredevil acts - Jun 14, 2010
- Pakistan celebrates Independence Day - Aug 15, 2012
- Shah Jahan's Urs begins at Taj Mahal - Jul 10, 2010
- Rising lake forces thousands to flee in Pakistan - Sep 13, 2010
- Lakhs witness deities' bathing ritual in Puri - Jun 15, 2011
- Muslim saints perform acrobatics in Ajmer ahead of 'Urs' - Jun 24, 2009
- Seven killed in Pakistan accident - May 29, 2011
- Thousands of devotees celebrate Sufi saint's anniversary in Moradabad - Oct 01, 2009
- Devotees throng saint's Dargah (With Images) - Mar 05, 2012
- Teenager drowns in Yamuna river - Mar 20, 2011
- 797th Urs of Khawaja Moinuddin Chisty begins in Ajmer - Jun 20, 2009
- 12 killed in Pakistan road crash - Jan 23, 2011
- As Chhath ends, Hindu-Muslim amity shines through - Nov 02, 2011