19 dead in South Africa road accidentDecember 28th, 2011 - 3:43 am ICT by IANS
Cape Town, Dec 28 (IANS) Nineteen people were killed in a head-on between a minibus and car in South Africa, police said Tuesday.
The vehicles caught fire after the collision late Monday in the Free State, Xinhua reported.
“Some of the people were burned beyond recognition,” Sergeant Mmako Mophiring said. Four occupants in the car and 15 in the bus died. Seven others were injured.
The accident occurred when the car tried to overtake another vehicle. The minibus taxi was travelling from QwaQwa to Johannesburg.
- One dead, twenty injured in South Africa bus-taxi crash - Dec 20, 2010
- Minibus carrying preschoolers collides with truck in NW China, killing 20 - Nov 16, 2011
- 17 devotees killed in Punjab accident - May 07, 2012
- 30 people killed in head-on collision in South Africa - Dec 11, 2011
- Lucky escape for 25 kids in school bus accident (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Nine killed in China road accident - Aug 17, 2012
- 20 killed in South Africa accident - Nov 15, 2011
- Nine killed in Zambia bus accident - Jul 20, 2012
- Four killed in Nigeria road accident - Jul 07, 2012
- Two woman cops, three others killed in Rajasthan accidents - Jun 17, 2012
- UP accident kills four - Jun 05, 2012
- Eight killed in China road accident - Jun 30, 2012
- Indonesia: 14 dead, 40 injured in West Java bus accident - Feb 11, 2012
- At least 8 killed in northern China minibus crash - Jul 29, 2011
- Thirteen die after bus overturns in eastern Zimbabwe - Aug 03, 2011