18 killed in Peru road accidentsNovember 15th, 2010 - 8:25 am ICT by IANS
Lima, Nov 15 (IANS) At least 18 people died and many injured in four separate road accidents in Peru, police said.
Thirteen people were killed and 13 more injured Sunday morning when a vehicle fell into a 50-metre deep gorge outside Camana city in Arequipa region, south of the country, Xinhua reported.
Another accident occurred Sunday in Majes district in Arequipa, in which three people were killed.
In Junin area in the centre of Peru, a car crashed against a truck killing one person.
A cyclist was killed when a bus hit him in Huanta province in the southeast of the country.
According to official reports, road accidents in the past eight years have killed 30,000 people, injured 46,000 and caused losses of $1 billion in Peru.
- 17 die in Peru road accident - Apr 02, 2011
- 17 killed in Peru bus accident - Nov 19, 2010
- 15 killed in Peru road accident - Mar 17, 2012
- 11 killed in Peru road accident - Sep 02, 2012
- 18 killed in Mizoram bus accident - Jul 21, 2012
- 15 die in Peru bus accident - Sep 14, 2012
- 13 killed in China road accident - Jan 03, 2012
- Seven people killed in Himachal accidents - May 09, 2012
- 15 killed in Peru road accident (Lead) - Mar 17, 2012
- Ten killed in Himachal accident - Apr 04, 2011
- 19 dead in Peru bus accident - Feb 26, 2011
- 17 killed in Peru bus accident - May 05, 2010
- 27 killed in Himachal bus accident - Oct 25, 2011
- 16 pilgrims killed after truck falls into gorge in India - Jul 28, 2012
- 27 killed, 21 injured in accidents in northeast - Jul 21, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , ,