18 killed in Iraq suicide car bombing (Lead)January 26th, 2010 - 4:51 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, Jan 26 (IANS) At least 18 people were killed and 80 injured when a suicide car bomber struck at a government forensics centre in central Baghdad Tuesday, authorities said.
The attack took place at about 10.45 a.m. near the criminal investigation office close to the Taharriyat Square in Karrada, Xinhua news agency reported.
The suicide bomber drove his explosives-laden car to the entrance of the office and blew it up, an interior ministry source said.
The blast came a day after the three suicide car bombings targeted major Baghdad hotels that killed at least 36 people and wounded some 70.
Sporadic attacks continue in Baghdad as part of recent security deterioration which shaped a setback to the efforts of the Iraqi government to restore normalcy in the country ahead of national polls slated March 7.
- 10 dead, 45 wounded in Iraq suicide bombing - Jun 04, 2012
- 5 killed, 20 wounded in Iraq bombing - Jan 26, 2010
- 14 die in Baghdad bombings - Oct 12, 2011
- 20 killed, 125 wounded in Iraq car bombing (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- 13 killed in Iraq car bombing - Nov 28, 2011
- Suicide car bomb in Iraq kills three securitymen - Jun 06, 2011
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- Three killed in Iraq bombing - Dec 26, 2011
- Seven die in Iraq bomb attack - May 22, 2011
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- 20 killed, 64 wounded in attacks in Baghdad - Feb 23, 2012
- 12 killed in Baghdad bombings - Jul 31, 2012
- 13 killed, 74 injured in series of blasts in Baghdad - May 22, 2011
- 52 killed in series of attacks across Iraq - Sep 09, 2012
- Twin attacks kill 10 in Afghanistan (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,