18 killed in Iraq bombingsDecember 17th, 2008 - 6:23 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, Dec 17 (Xinhua) At least 18 people were killed and 52 injured in two explosions in Baghdad Wednesday, the interior ministry said.The attacks, which involved a car bomb and a roadside bomb, took place in Nahdha area in central Baghdad.
Three traffic policemen were among the dead, it said.
The attacks came as British Prime Minister Gordon Brown arrived in Baghdad on a surprise visit and announced that the British troops would withdraw from Iraq in the first half of 2009.
- Iraq official survives bomb attack - Apr 22, 2012
- Nine wounded in Iraq bomb attacks - May 17, 2012
- 12 killed in Iraq bombings - Jul 23, 2012
- Three killed, nine injured in Iraq - Apr 30, 2012
- Nine killed in Iraq attacks - Apr 19, 2012
- Three killed in Iraq violence - Jun 18, 2012
- Two dead, nine hurt in four bomb attacks in Iraq - Dec 25, 2011
- 63 killed in Iraq as violence escalates - Aug 15, 2011
- 27 killed in Iraq bomb attacks - Dec 22, 2011
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- Two policemen killed in Iraq bombings - Mar 09, 2012
- 63 killed in Iraq violence (Lead) - Dec 22, 2011
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- Two killed, 15 wounded in Iraq attacks - Dec 20, 2011
Tags: british prime minister, british prime minister gordon brown, british troops, car bomb, central baghdad, iraq bombings, prime minister gordon brown, roadside bomb, surprise visit, traffic policemen