18 killed in Indonesia landslideJuly 25th, 2010 - 1:29 pm ICT by IANS
Jakarta, July 25 (IANS) At least 18 people were killed in a landslide triggered by heavy rains in a province in eastern Indonesia, an official said Sunday.
The landslide in Pulau Buru island in Maluku province also damaged many houses, a spokesman of the Disaster Management Agency was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
“The bodies of the 18 people have been found,” he said.
Landslides occur quite frequently in Indonesia during the rainy season from April to December.
- Strong earthquake strikes off eastern Indonesia, causing panic - Nov 14, 2011
- 10 killed, three missing in Indonesia landslide - Oct 13, 2010
- Landslide kills seven in Indonesia - Jun 17, 2010
- 15 missing as ship sinks off Indonesia - Jun 17, 2012
- Mount Gamalama erupts in Indonesia - Dec 05, 2011
- 58 die in China rains - Sep 24, 2011
- 12 dead, three mn hit by China storms - Jul 14, 2012
- 10 killed, 22 missing in China landslide - Sep 18, 2011
- Powerful quake hits Indonesia, no tsunami - Nov 14, 2011
- 11 killed in south China rains - Jul 15, 2012
- Strong earthquake hits the Banda Sea in Indonesia, no damage - Nov 17, 2010
- Quake rattles Indonesian province - Apr 15, 2012
- 6.4-magnitude earthquake strikes eastern Indonesia - Apr 24, 2010
- Strong earthquake rocks Indonesia's Sulawesi, causes damage - Apr 25, 2011
- 6.2 earthquake shakes Indonesia - Mar 26, 2010