17 people killed, 24 others injured in Beijing building fireApril 25th, 2011 - 2:54 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 25 (ANI): At least 17 people were killed, and 24 others injured, in a building fire in a southern Beijing suburb on Monday morning, Beijing Municipal Police said.
The blaze was put out at around 2 a.m. after nearly 200 fire fighters and 27 fire engines were mobilized to extinguish the fire, said the police.
The fire broke out at around 1 a.m. Monday in a four-story building in Jiugong Town in Daxing District, said the police.
The 24 injured people have been sent to Beijing Jishuitan Hospital, Xinhua reports.
An investigation into the cause of the fire is under way. Liu Qi, party secretary of Beijing, and the mayor Guo Jinlong have arrived at the site to direct the investigation. (ANI)
- Beijing mayor resigns - Jul 25, 2012
- 3-alarm fire at New York City apartment building injures 31 - Mar 13, 2011
- Fire destroys Shillong church, short circuit suspected - Jan 02, 2012
- 17 die, 24 hurt in Beijing blaze (Lead) - Apr 25, 2011
- 10 dead in China mall fire - Jul 01, 2012
- Six injured in fire - Aug 14, 2011
- 41 die in China bus fire - Jul 22, 2011
- Chandni Chowk fire extinguished, four hurt (Lead) - Nov 29, 2010
- Chinese man gets death for arson that killed 11 - Aug 20, 2012
- 12 die in Moscow fire - Apr 03, 2012
- New Year fireworks set off 5,945 blazes in China - Feb 07, 2011
- Three injured as fire extinguisher explodes in eatery - Dec 31, 2011
- Major fire on 10th floor of South Kolkata building (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Fire in Shastri Bhawan - Jan 07, 2012
- One killed, three injured in Chennai fire - Jan 16, 2012