17 killed in Nepal bus accidentJuly 17th, 2012 - 3:13 am ICT by IANS
Kathmandu, July 17 (IANS) Seventeen people died in Nepal Monday when a passenger bus skidded off the road and plunged some 200 meters down into the Trishuli river.
The accident took place in Krishnabhir area of Dhading district, some 50 km from here, Xinhua reported. The bus was heading to Kathmandu from Katari.
The locals joined the army and the police in the rescue efforts.
The accident comes a day after at least 36 Indians died when a bus carrying Hindu pilgrims from India to a temple in Nepal fell into a canal near the India-Nepal border.
- 36 Indian pilgrims die in Nepal bus crash (Second Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- 15 Indians killed in Nepal accident (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- 15 Indians killed as jeep falls into Nepal river (Second Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- 35 pilgrims killed in Nepal bus accident (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- Eight Indians die in Nepal accident - Jul 28, 2012
- 42 killed in Nepal bus accident - Oct 13, 2011
- Nine dead in Nepal road accident - May 06, 2012
- Five dead, 19 injured in Nepal accident - Jun 04, 2012
- 35 killed in bus accident in Nepal - Jul 15, 2012
- 29 die in Nepal bus accident - Sep 11, 2012
- Five killed in Jammu bus accident - Jun 09, 2012
- Three kids die as van falls into canal - Sep 26, 2011
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- 15 pilgrims killed in Jammu bus accident (Second Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- 10 pilgrims killed in Jammu bus accident (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012