16 terror suspects held in IndonesiaJune 13th, 2011 - 9:29 pm ICT by IANS
Jakarta, June 13 (IANS/AKI) Indonesian police Monday claimed to have arrested 16 people, suspected to be involved in terrorist activities.
The arrests were made in five provinces since last Thursday by the counter-terrorist unit, the National Police said in a statement.
National Police spokesman Boy Rafli Amar said intelligence officials have found out that the arrested suspects were part of a group involved in a recent shooting incident in Sulawesi island.
- Two wanted terrorists held in Indonesia - Jul 13, 2012
- Indonesian TV cameraman arrested in Good Friday bomb plot - Apr 23, 2011
- 35 cyber criminals held in Indonesia - Sep 28, 2011
- Indonesian cops criticised for killing terrorists - Mar 20, 2012
- Indonesian cleric jailed for 15 years for terror acts - Jun 16, 2011
- 19 held for plotting to bomb Indonesia church - Apr 27, 2011
- 11 executed in Iraq - Nov 17, 2011
- Fake policemen held in Indonesia - May 03, 2012
- Bombs hurled at Indonesia church - Apr 29, 2011
- 22 suspected Al Qaeda militants arrested in Turkey - Mar 30, 2010
- 80 held in Serbia child porn racket - Nov 16, 2011
- Italian imam held for human trafficking - Jul 18, 2012
- Indonesia blocks 1 mn porn websites before Ramadan - Jul 18, 2012
- Al Qaeda-linked terrorist held in Malaysia - Jun 11, 2011
- Dozens of punk rockers held in Indonesia - Dec 15, 2011