16 militants killed in PakistanMay 2nd, 2009 - 3:00 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, May 2 (Xinhua) At least 16 militants were killed in clashes with the security forces in Pakistan’s Mohmand agency bordering Afghanistan, TV reports said Saturday.
The fighting started when the militants attacked a security checkpost in the Spinkai Tangai area, some 25 km from Ghalani, the headquarters of Muhmand Agency, the state-run PTV said.
The security forces launched a counter attack and 16 militants were killed, it said.
Three security personnel were injured and three others were missing after the attack, the report said citing unnamed sources.
Officials said a large number of militants have recently moved to Muhmand Agency from neighbouring Bajaur region, where the security forces are engaged in fierce fighting with Taliban militants.
The military said over 100 militants have been killed in Bajaur since the operation started April 28.
- 18 militants killed in army operation in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2012
- Two security men, six militants killed in Pakistan - Jun 09, 2010
- Two Pakistanis dead in Taliban attack - Nov 02, 2011
- Six kids among 26 killed in Pakistan attacks (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- 28 militants, eight soldiers killed in Pakistan clashes (Lead) - Jun 19, 2011
- Five militants among six killed in Pakistan - Nov 26, 2010
- 20 militants killed in Pakistan - Nov 16, 2011
- Two Pakistani Taliban leaders killed - Sep 02, 2012
- 40 killed, 70 injured in Pakistan blasts (Second Lead) - Dec 06, 2010
- 25 Pakistani troopers killed in Taliban attack: Army - Aug 27, 2011
- 16 militants killed in Pakistan - Jan 04, 2012
- 24 Taliban militants killed in Pakistan - Dec 24, 2010
- Three soldiers, four militants killed in Pakistan clash - Jun 19, 2011
- Pakistan clashes kill 11 soldiers, 24 militants (Second Lead) - Dec 24, 2010
- 10 terrorists, nine soldiers die in Pakistan attack - Aug 29, 2012