16 killed in attack on Afghan governor’s officeAugust 14th, 2011 - 6:21 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, Aug 14 (IANS) At least 16 people were killed when about six suicide bombers attacked a provincial governor’s office in northern Afghanistan Sunday, Xinhua reported.
The incident took place at Parwan provincial governor’s office in the provincial capital Charikar city.
The injured and the deceased were shifted to hospital.
“Sixteen bodies and 29 injured men, including police and civilians, have been admitted to Charikar hospital,” the hospital head stated.
According to the spokesman for Afghanistan’s interior ministry, Sediq Sediqi, “About five to six suicide bombers attacked the office of provincial governor in Charikar city at 11.30 a.m. local time today.”
Bombers attacked the governor’s office at 11.30 a. m. local time. One of the attackers blew himself up at the southern gate of the governor’s house, enabling other attackers to break into the compound and exchange fire with security forces.
“Five suicide bombers have blown themselves up,” Governor Abdul Basir Salangi told a local television channel, adding that the situation was under control.
- Suicide bomber targeting Afghan minister killed - Oct 23, 2011
- Taliban killed in failed bombing, five injured - Dec 02, 2011
- 10 die in Afghanistan airport suicide blast - Feb 27, 2012
- Six kids hurt in Afghan suicide bombing - May 20, 2012
- Afghan provincial governor succumbs to suicide blast injuries - May 29, 2011
- Seven killed in Afghan suicide blast (Lead) - May 28, 2011
- 18 killed in Afghan suicide bombing - Jun 20, 2012
- Governor among 22 killed in Afghan suicide attack - Jul 15, 2012
- 20 blasts rocks Afghanistan, 16 injured - May 07, 2011
- Woman in Taliban love triangle, executed - Jul 10, 2012
- 150 killed in Afghanistan avalanches (Second Lead) - Feb 10, 2010
- 12-year-old suicide bomber kills four in Afghanistan - May 01, 2011
- 15 killed in Afghan car bombing - Jun 25, 2011
- 10 dead, 12 wounded in Afghan airport bombing (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Six die in Afghan suicide bombing - May 19, 2012
Tags: afghan, attackers, basir, civilians, deceased, exchange fire, interior ministry, kabul, local time, northern afghanistan, provincial capital, provincial governor, security forces, spokesman, suicide bombers, television channel, time one, time today, xinhua