152 mn 3G users in ChinaMay 18th, 2012 - 1:57 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 18 (IANS) China’s 3G users reached 152 million by the end of March, almost a 10-fold increase from two years ago, show official figures released.
The country’s mobile online users exceed 370 million, more than 70 percent of the country’s total Internet users, industy and information technology vice minister Shang Bing said.
Businesses such as e-commerce, mobile payment and microblogging are booming, and the information and telecommunication industries are driving social and economic development, Xinhua quoted Shang as saying.
As of March this year, China had 1.3 billion phone users including 1.01 billion mobile phone users, as well as 158 million broadband Internet customers, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) statistics show.
- China has 900 mn mobile phone users - May 24, 2011
- China records over 1 billion cell phone users - Mar 30, 2012
- China has 952 mn mobile phone users - Oct 28, 2011
- China nearing billion-mark in mobile phone users - Aug 30, 2011
- China's telecommunication sector revenue up - Feb 07, 2012
- China's phone users surpass 1.1 billion mark - Jun 29, 2010
- China's phone users top 1.1 bn - Jun 29, 2010
- A billion cellphone users in China! - Apr 20, 2012
- China's mobile phone users exceed 940 mn - Sep 26, 2011
- Number of Chinese 3G users surpasses 50m - Feb 26, 2011
- China has over 73 million 3G users - Jun 28, 2011
- Data, not voice, will now drive telecom growth: Report - Dec 13, 2011
- China has over 18 mn 3G users - Apr 23, 2010
- E-commerce to make even bigger gains - Mar 28, 2012
- Phones to beat computers for surfing net in China - Jul 03, 2012
Tags: china beijing, economic development, information technology, internet customers, internet users, miit, mobile payment, mobile phone users, shang, statistics, telecommunication industries, vice minister, xinhua