15 students injured in Bangladesh clashMarch 3rd, 2012 - 7:39 pm ICT by IANS
Dhaka, March 3 (IANS) At least 15 students were injured Saturday when pupils of two private universities in the Bangladesh capital clashed over the alleged stalking of a female student.
Hundreds of students of Primeasia University and Southeast University faced off on the streets around 2 p.m. over the stalking of the student of Southeast University by a male student from the other institution, police told the Daily Star.
Witnesses said both the university campuses were ransacked while vehicle movement remained suspended.
Police resorted to baton-charging on the students even as the pupils pelted stones at them.
- Telangana students try to storm assembly, protests rock Hyderabad (Second Lead) - Feb 21, 2011
- 50 hurt in Bangladesh clash - Sep 25, 2010
- Students clash with police in Allahabad, torch vehicles - Apr 27, 2012
- Six injured in clash between locals and cops in Bikaner - Mar 19, 2012
- Violence in parts of Hyderabad during Telangana protests (Lead) - Feb 21, 2011
- Tension as cops clash with students, stop Telangana march - Sep 19, 2011
- Students clash with police, torch vehicles - Apr 23, 2011
- Explosive situation at Osmania University (Lead) - Feb 15, 2010
- Violence rocks Osmania University, students begin fast (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Official, six policemen injured in Rajasthan communal clash - Feb 26, 2012
- Osmania University rocked by violence again (Lead) - Feb 15, 2010
- 20 injured in violence on Osmania University campus - Feb 14, 2010
- Beef festival turns Osmania into battlefied, student stabbed - Apr 16, 2012
- Protests over power cuts in Pakistan - Jul 29, 2012
- Four injured as villagers clash with police - Feb 20, 2012