15 missing as ship sinks off IndonesiaJune 17th, 2012 - 6:39 pm ICT by IANS
Jakarta, June 17 (IANS) A total of 15 crew members are yet to be found after a cargo ship with 27 people on board capsized off eastern Indonesia Sunday morning, Xinhua reported.
The other 12 people, however, were saved in the accident which occurred in waters off Maluku islands, rescuers said, adding that the ship was en route to Maluku’s Nangrole town from Ambon city.
According to a press official of the National Search and Rescue Office, the ship sank at 10.25 a.m. in the waters of central Maluku due to poor weather conditions.
“The waves were huge during the accident (and) they sank the ship,” said Agung Sedayu.
- 31 missing after speedboat capsizes off Indonesia - Feb 01, 2010
- 12 missing after ship collision in Indonesia - Aug 04, 2010
- Indonesian ship burns after collision, four killed - Sep 26, 2011
- 10 die in Indonesian boat sinking - Aug 09, 2010
- 30 missing in Indonesia boat accident - Oct 22, 2010
- Four bodies found aboard sunken ship - Feb 23, 2012
- Seven migrants dead in boat capsize off Indonesia - Nov 01, 2011
- Over 190 dead in Tanzania ferry accident - Sep 11, 2011
- Ferry with 250 people sinks off Tanzania - Jul 18, 2012
- Ship with 24 Chinese crew sinks off Philippines - Dec 04, 2010
- Malaysia rescues hijacked tanker - Oct 29, 2011
- 27 bodies found after Tanzania ferry capsizes - Jul 19, 2012
- Over 200 missing as ferry sinks in Indonesia (Lead) - Jan 11, 2009
- Eight drown as Chinese cargo ship sinks - Feb 18, 2012
- Death toll in Indonesian ferry accident rises to 27 - Nov 23, 2009