15 militants surrender in TripuraApril 10th, 2008 - 3:47 pm ICT by admin
Agartala, April 10 (IANS) Fifteen tribal separatists have surrendered to the authorities in Tripura, the police said Thursday. A police spokesperson said 15 National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) guerrillas laid down arms Wednesday before officers of the Assam Rifles and the Tripura State Rifles at Gobindabari in Dhalai district, 170 km north of here.
“The militants took arms training in the Chittagong Hill Tracts (of southeast Bangladesh),” a police official said.
A surrendered militant explained why they wanted to give up violence.
“We are fed up with life in the jungles. Moreover there is resentment because our leaders lead a luxurious life in Bangladesh. Our cadres have no food, no place to stay and no shelter,” the rebel said.
- Three Tripura militants surrender with weapons - Jul 04, 2012
- Abducted Tripura tribals flee rebels' camp in Bangladesh - Dec 02, 2011
- Ten Tripura militants surrender with weapons - Nov 03, 2011
- NLFT guerrillas abduct five Tripura farmers - Sep 01, 2010
- Militant killed in Tripura - Jul 22, 2012
- Militants kidnap three CPI-M activists in Tripura - Sep 16, 2010
- 16 Tripura terrorists flee Bangladeshi camps, surrender - Aug 11, 2010
- Nine Tripura terrorists flee Bangladesh, surrender - May 17, 2011
- 13 Bangladesh-trained rebels surrender in Tripura - Jul 02, 2010
- Militants take abducted Tripura villagers to Bangladesh - Jul 24, 2011
- Three militants arrested in Tripura - Jun 18, 2012
- Manipur, Tripura militants caught - Feb 17, 2012
- Militants kidnap four workers in Tripura - Nov 27, 2010
- Tripura militants recruiting youth, warns intelligence - Jun 21, 2012
- Terrorists reviving outfits in Tripura, says police chief - Aug 21, 2012
Tags: agartala, assam rifles, authorities, bangladesh, cadres, chittagong hill tracts, guerrillas, jungles, luxurious life, national liberation front, police official, police said thursday, police spokesperson, resentment, separatists, surrender, tripura, violence