15 killed in Turkish bus crashMay 26th, 2010 - 5:45 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, May 26 (IANS/RIA Novosti) At least 15 people, including 13 Russians, were killed and 26 injured when a tourist bus fell into a river in Turkey, officials said Tuesday.
The incident occurred Tuesday, when the bus, en route from Alanya to Pamukkale town, veered off the road and fell into the Aksu River in southwestern Turkish region of Antalya, Russian emergency situations ministry spokeswoman Yelena Chernova said.
Chernova said 13 Russians and two Turks, who were also on the bus, have died and 26 have been hospitalised.
The Russian health ministry said six of the injured were in a critical condition.
According to preliminary information, the accident took place after the driver suffered a heart attack.
Meanwhile, Russia said it will send a team of doctors from the Disaster Medicine Centre to Turkey to help the survivors.
- 98 Russians fall ill in Turkey after eating food - Jul 28, 2011
- Russian tourists evacuated from plane in Turkey - Jun 26, 2011
- Turks charged with causing alcohol deaths - Feb 07, 2012
- Turkish hackers attack Spartak site - Aug 23, 2012
- Russian tourist dies in Turkey - Sep 21, 2011
- Wreckage of downed Turkish plane located - Jun 25, 2012
- Russia urges Syria, Turkey against clash - Jun 27, 2012
- Bus carrying Russians attacked in Syria - Jun 10, 2012
- 191 killed in Kyrgyzstan violence - Jun 17, 2010
- Turkey closes borders with Syria - Jul 25, 2012
- Over 100 people missing, 80 rescued as ship sinks in Russia - Jul 11, 2011
- Olympics: Russian pole vault queen gets bronze - Aug 07, 2012
- 15 killed in Kazakh accident - Aug 20, 2012
- Ennis captures dream Olympic gold on home soi - Aug 05, 2012
- Syria fires at another Turkish jet - Jun 26, 2012
Tags: alanya, bus crash, critical condition, disaster medicine, doctors, emergency situations, health ministry, heart attack, hv, medicine centre, ministry spokeswoman, moscow, pamukkale, ria novosti, russia, russian health, russians, survivors, tourist bus, turks