15 killed in Karachi blastApril 22nd, 2011 - 1:11 am ICT by IANS
Karachi, April 21 (IANS) At least 15 people were killed and 35 injured in a powerful blast in Karachi city Thursday, a media report said.
The explosion ripped through Rami Club building near Ghaas Mandi area in Lyari neighbourhood of the metropolis, Geo News reported.
Police and law enforcement agencies reached the explosion site and were carrying out rescue activities. The bomb disposal squad was also called in.
Most of injured were shifted to Civil hospital, where an emergency has been declared as toll is feared to rise.
The medico legal officer said that more than 12 dead bodies, and 30 of the injured have been brought to the Civil Hospital so far.
None of the dead or injured have been identified as of now.
Lyari is one of Karachi’s most densely populated areas.
- At least 16 killed in Pakistan blast - Apr 22, 2011
- Two killed in Pakistan building collapse - Aug 04, 2011
- Two more killed in Karachi violence - Jun 16, 2012
- Karachi violence continues, toll rises to 77 (Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- Over 300 dead as blaze engulfs two factories in Pakistan (Night Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- 239 die as blaze engulfs two factories in Pakistan (Fourth Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- 21 killed in Pakistan blast (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Six killed in Karachi violence - Jul 24, 2011
- Three killed, 40 injured in two attacks on Pakistan Navy buses in Karachi - Apr 26, 2011
- Prime accused in Pakistani reporter's murder killed - May 26, 2012
- Karachi violence toll climbs to 47 (Lead) - Aug 19, 2011
- Karachi violence toll climbs to 38 - Aug 18, 2011
- Pakistani politician killed in violence - Apr 03, 2012
- 135 die as flames engulf two factories in Pakistan (Third Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Karachi blast kills one, injures 20 (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012