15 killed in Afghanistan road accidentNovember 12th, 2011 - 7:06 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, Nov 12 (IANS) At least 15 people were killed Saturday in a road accident involving a bus, a car and two motorcycles in Afghanistan’s Helmand province, police said.
“A passenger bus, travelling from (western) Herat to Kabul, lost control and collided with a car and two motorbikes in Gereshk district at about 12 noon, as a result of which 15 people were killed,” Xinhua quoted Gereshk district’s police chief as saying.
The officer blamed reckless driving for the accident, saying the bus driver’s carelessness might have led to the bloody mishap.
In August, 34 people died and 24 were injured when a passenger bus turned turtle in neighbouring Kandahar province.
- 34 killed in Afghan bus accident - Aug 20, 2011
- Eight Taliban killed, 13 held in Afghanistan (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Afghanistan: At least 53 killed after bus crashes head-on with tanker in Ghazni - Sep 17, 2012
- Triple suicide bombings kill 18 in Afghanistan (Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- 15 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan - Dec 31, 2011
- NATO oil tanker crashes into van in Afghanistan, killing 7 - Apr 07, 2012
- Indonesia: 14 dead, 40 injured in West Java bus accident - Feb 11, 2012
- 21 killed in Afghan bus accident - Jul 26, 2010
- Two killed, 15 wounded in Kashmir road accidents - May 11, 2011
- 16 militants killed in Afghanistan - May 29, 2012
- 21 dead in China road accidents - Jan 12, 2011
- Three hurt as speeding car hits bike in Delhi - Apr 15, 2012
- Four civilians killed after NATO troops open fire on Afghan passenger bus - Apr 12, 2010
- 12 die in Pakistan accident - Apr 11, 2012
- Four Afghans killed in land mine blast - Oct 24, 2011
Tags: afghanistan, bus driver, carelessness, helmand province, herat, kabul, kandahar province, mishap, motorbikes, motorcycles, neighbouring, passenger bus, police chief, reckless driving, road accident, turtle, xinhua