15 killed, 22 injured in Iraq violence (Lead)July 6th, 2008 - 10:36 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, July 6 (DPA) At least 15 people were killed Sunday, including two children, and 22 injured, one of them a Kurdish politician, in separate attacks in Iraq, security sources said. In northeast Baghdad, a car bomb rocked the Shia Shaab district, killing six people and injuring 14, police said.
The explosion, in front of the mortuary of the city’s main al-Yarmuk Hospital, came as the Iraqi capital has been enjoying a lull in violence.
In the restive Diyala province, an official from the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, Mohamed Ramadan, survived a bomb blast, which killed his wife, two of his children and three bodyguards.
Elsewhere in Diyala, northeast of Baghdad, an Iraqi army soldier was killed and four injured when a bomb went off while they were on patrol in Baquba, a security source told the Voices of Iraq (VOI) news agency.
In the south, gunmen shot dead an Iraqi merchant after attacking his house in Kut, 170 km southeast Baghdad, security sources told VOI.
Samir Mohamed Jafaar was a US citizen whose garment-importing business from China is Iraq’s largest. He arrived in Iraq from abroad 10 days ago, the sources added.
Gunmen riding in a car kidnapped two female students north of Mosul, 400 km north of Baghdad, VOI reported. The women were from Talkif in northern Nineveh province.
- 6 killed in Iraq violence - Aug 25, 2012
- Nine killed, 21 injured in Iraq - Aug 08, 2011
- Five Iraqi soldiers killed in separate attacks - Sep 05, 2012
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- Three killed, nine injured in Iraq - Apr 30, 2012
- Five killed in Iraq violence - May 24, 2012
- 30 wounded in Iraq bombings - Sep 09, 2012
- 2 killed, 16 injured in attacks in Iraq - Nov 13, 2011
- Six killed in Iraq attacks - Jan 23, 2012
- Two US soldiers among five killed in Iraq explosion - Jun 11, 2010
- Twelve dead in two bomb blasts in northern Iraq - Apr 29, 2011
- Nine wounded in Iraq bomb attacks - May 17, 2012
- 10 killed in Iraq bombing - Nov 03, 2011
- Iraq official survives bomb attack - Apr 22, 2012
- Three die, 30 hurt in Iraq bombings - Dec 12, 2010
Tags: al yarmuk, army soldier, bodyguards, bomb blast, car bomb, female students, gunmen, iraqi army, iraqi capital, kurdistan, lull, mortuary, mosul, nineveh province, patriotic union of kurdistan, ramadan, security source, security sources, shia, voices of iraq